Saturday, September 13, 2014

The last wishes of Alexander the Great.

The Story: The last wishes of Alexander the Great.

On his death bed, Alexander summoned his army generals and told them his three ultimate wishes:

1. Only the best doctors who treated his sickness should carry his coffin to the graveyard...

2. The wealth he has accumulated; money, gold, silver should be scattered along his coffin procession to the cemetery...

3. His hands should be let loose, so they hang outside the coffin for all to see!!

One of his generals who were surprised by these unusual requests asked Alexander to explain.

Here what Alexander the Great had to say:

1. "I want best doctors to carry my coffin to demonstrate that in the face of death; even the best doctors in the world have no power to heal…"

2. "I want the road to be covered with my treasure so that everybody sees that material wealth acquired on earth, will stay on earth...”

3. “I want my hands to swing in the wind, so that people understand that we come to this world empty handed and we leave this world empty handed after the most precious treasure of all is exhausted, and that is : Time.”

No comments:

Post a Comment